- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Library (except water bottles with a lid)
- Library faculty and staff may authorize eating and drinking in the library for some special events, advisory or meetings. Please, check with the librarians before the event.
Laptop Borrowing Policy
Bishop’s students, faculty, staff and parents are allowed to borrow a laptop from the Manchester Library & Learning Center, permitting they adhere to the following guidelines:
Laptops are for use in the library only and are not to be removed to other parts of campus (including the senior rec room) or off campus.
- Laptops must be returned 15 minutes prior to library closing time on the day of check out.
These guidelines are in place to ensure that all students and members of the Bishop’s community have access to computers while working in the Library. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the removal of laptop borrowing privileges and possible conduct infractions. See FAQ's section below for details.
What happens if I don’t return a library laptop on time?
There is a three strikes policy:
1. For the first offense, students will have laptop borrowing privileges revoked for 1 week.
2. For the second offense, students will have laptop borrowing privileges revoked for 2 weeks.
3. For the third offense, students will have laptop borrowing privileges revoked for the remainder of the semester.
If the laptop is not returned before the start of first period the following morning, a conduct infraction will be automatically added to the borrower’s record.